About Me

My photo
I am a teacher, coach, drama geek, creative thinker, writer, book worm and a realist. I love thinking outside the box professionally and personally because I believe there is never a single way of looking at any situation. I look forward to new opportunities for learning everyday... and to taking long walks around town with my husband and two terriers.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Enjoying Twitter More Each Day

Just discovered the wonderful world of #gtchat on twitter this week.  It is amazing how connections on this social networking site can not only encourage life long learning but create valuable contacts to support educators in the classroom.  I will definitely be participating in this weekly Friday evening chat at 6PM central time in the future.

I will admit that when I first heard about twitter, I thought it was ridiculous.  I didn't understand how posting in 140 characters or less would lead to anything of value.  I honestly thought it was going to be a site that people would lose interest in.  I am glad that I was wrong!  I have made so many great connections and learned so much valuable information using this site.

For example, I made my first skype in the classroom connection using twitter and my students have enjoyed working with that class several times sharing after dinner speeches and poetry with one another.  I have also found valuable articles that I have used both in professional development discussions and to increase motivation in my classroom activities.  I have discovered new resources like qwikstory.com to use in my classroom. I have even had valuable conversations with my students because of posts they have seen on twitter.

I look forward to continuing to make connections on this site!  Who else will I see there with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment